Sunday, August 16, 2009

Slip Stream

I checked out a new cave underneath Woy Woy Bay road Yesterday, that I dubbed Slip Stream. I believe Anthony Alexander bouldered here years ago although i'm not sure of the extent, maybe next time I catch up with him I can get some more info. Any how I'm really excited because the rock is solid and really nicely featured and all steep and there will be some really hard lines here! It's a long low ball cave with rock texture that is reminiscent of Crumbly in Sydney. The main draw back is that it gets alot of run off from the road so I think it will be wet alot but it could be a great summer spot when it's dry cause it gets no sun. I'm hoping that with a bit of cleaning it will be a great area so I'll keep you posted.

1 comment:

  1. I'm keen!

    Also, I had a look last night at the Kariong Heiroglyphs (just google it!) and there are a couple of decent looking problems in the area, and a tall steep crack that JP will wet himself when he sees it

    Pommy

    ReplyDelete