Sunday, August 23, 2009

The Hairy Banana

It's been a very eventful week! It all started with me booking my flights to Switzerland for the end of the year. It's really exciting to have it to look forward to, It's a place I've always wanted to visit and I'm sure it will live up to all expectations :)

Then it was off to the airport on Tuesday to drop off Katy, she's off to Europe for six weeks with her friends. It was sad seeing her go but I'm sure the time will fly by and she will have a great time. So it's just me and bear holding down the fort for a while.

So after a disgraceful week of late nights and weekend work I ended up at the Villas with a couple of problems in mind. The first was 'Hairy Joe's Banana Shack v11' a funny name for a funny problem which consists of a really awkward first move to gain a decent 1 pad edge then it's just a matter of getting stood up and lunge for the finish hold. I finally managed to send after sticking the crux first move last time and blowing the finish ;( argh silly man.

Then it was time to get down to business on Contact v12. This is coming along really well and I think next time, fresh I might have a good chance of finishing it, fingers crossed.

I've been training a bit differently over the past 3 months and it feels like it's working well. So now I've got 4 frantic weeks of hopeful sending then it's back through the grinder till Cressciano.

Hitting the top of Hairy Joe

My dog Bear

No comments:

Post a Comment