Tuesday, September 15, 2009

Back in the Capital

An old photo of me on the top out of the Phone Sex Extension. Photo by Tor
Ren @ North Black night session


Blasted back down to Canberra last Saturday after work. Arrived Corrin Dam at the Glitz boulder late in the arvo to get back on Cerebro v11. I've been super keen to get back on this fantastic line since last trip. I'd worked all the moves on some previous trips and was hoping I'd be able to link it all together. I managed an early high point sticking the last hard move but I celebrated too early! my foot popped and I was back on the mat quicker than I could say idiot!
I thought it was all over but after a few failed attempts I pulled my shit together and sent just on dark. I was super excited as I'd been training over the past few months with sending this as one of my goals, so it was nice to feel it had all been worth it.

I raced back over to Black Range to meet up with Ren and Stu, who were still boulder at 9.00pm when I arrived for their 3rd sess that day! I was impressed.

After a nice camp out at Black Range the boys were keen to head over to Corrin the next day to try phone sex v8. Ren was so close sticking the jug at the end of the business but unable to match. I thought it was a great effort considering all the climbing they had done the day before. I managed to do Duncan Brown's extension to Phone sex which traverses right and tops out up a scary slab to finish. Very excellent and definitely worth a lash if you have already done phone sex.

No comments:

Post a Comment